Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First painting...

I've been into art on and off my whole life. I was really hooked for about the first 12 years of it, until I made the unfortunate choice to focus on playing volleyball (I was terrible at it.) It wasn't until I was 19 or so that I started taking art classes again, but was quickly intimated and quit. Just this past year I have started taking art classes again. I love art classes but I've really struggled feeling I may just not ever be a good artist. Yet for once in my life, I'm pushing forward and am trying really hard to understand that I am just a beginner, and as with anything I am going to have to practice.  I've recently gone on a facebook ban and am using that time to try and do more creative things and also draw every night.

For my nephew's second birthday I wanted to paint him a little illustration of a bear. It will be my first ever completed painting. The past couple days I have been brainstorming and sketching and came up with a cute little cartoon bear but wasn't satisfied. Last night I sketched out a few more bears and then it came to me, I knew exactly what I wanted the theme to be. Even though I had lots of homework today I hard to start on my painting. Here it is in very rough form.


It's got quite a bit of painting to go, but I'm pretty happy with the circus/birthday bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://talesoflittlewhims.blogspot.com/