Thursday, February 17, 2011

desperate for sweets

Today was one of those days...... it was pouring down rain, freezing and windy. I left my rain boots at work so of course my shoes and socks were soaking wet all day.  I had class but as soon as school ended, I just wanted to be home. I came home and made some yummy thin crust pizza and then wasted the next three hours on the Internet. Yes, that's right I wasted three whole hours doing who knows what and spying on who knows who. After all of my Internet stalking, I wanted something sweet (seeing as I'm not a sweet person, I have nothing sweet in the apartment to eat. I want cookies. I need cookies. All I could find was some leftover mix for ginger bread, I had no eggs, no vegetable oil and no butter. This is where not being picky and being able to improvise come it handy. I didn't have any ingredients to make traditional cookies but I did have some pear sauce (like apple sauce but with pears) and olive oil. The first makes sense seeing as apple sauce can be used in lots of recipes, olive oil was really stretching it but since I was making ginger cookies, I hoped the savory taste could be masked. And this is what i got.....



probably not a Mrs. Fields cookie, but for me, it for sure hit the spot.

I'm also the girl who's been out of soy milk for past couple of days and as a result haven't been able to have cereal in the morning. What do I do instead? I heat up a tortilla and put peanut butter and jelly on it. I love being the type of person who isn't really picky and can always find a way to make something in my cupboards or fridge work.

Tomorrow will be a new story, I'm now out of tortillas.

What things have you done in desperation?

No comments:

Post a Comment

http://talesoflittlewhims.blogspot.com/